WHEN ASBESTOS IS DISCOVERED
If asbestos is suspected, Paragon Environmental will have that area tested before removing any materials. Demolition proceeds only after all materials are tested. This is the standard required by law in the state of Colorado. Colorado Regulation 8 is explained more thoroughly on the following page.
If a structure contains asbestos, we advise the following:
- Don’t panic. The presence of asbestos is fairly common.
- We will provide an estimate to remove the materials containing asbestos.
- If you are working through an insurance company, we will work with you to get the estimate approved before moving forward with the abatement.
- If the abatement is to proceed in a critical common area of the building, such as a kitchen, owners may want to ask for insurance to help in seeking accommodations during the abatement process.
- Paragon Environmental will seal the affected area. Our number one priority is to prevent the spread of any asbestos contamination.
- Once contained, the affected area is carefully removed following strict guidelines set forth by OSHA, EPA, and CDPHE. Our technicians wear protective equipment and respirators.
- Lastly, the area is thoroughly cleaned to ensure that all traces of asbestos is removed. Paragon Environmental uses special HEPA-filtered vacuums and cleaners to meticulously eliminate any asbestos fibers.
For further information, the Colorado Department of Health and Environment website includes a valuable asbestos guide.
Our guarantee. When you hire Paragon Environmental, you can be assured of:
- Fair Pricing
- Honest Work
- Professionally Trained Technicians
- Licensed and Insured Work
- Quick Response
- Satisfaction Guaranteed