Synthetic Drug Cleanup
Synthetic Drug and Chemical Property Cleanup Provided By Paragon Environmental
Paragon Environmental Is Professionally Certified And Follows State Regulated Procedures
We are professionally certified by the Colorado Hazardous Materials & Waste Management Division to provide cleanup for drug and chemically-affected properties. Decontamination of such homes must be conducted by licensed contractors who will follow the state regulated procedures for drug clean up. If you encounter such an occurrence, please call us at 303-529-1257 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What Is The Process For Chemical and Synthetic Drug Cleanup?
The regulations regarding cleanup and inspections of synthetic drug-affected areas require the following:
- A preliminary assessment of the property.
- If the assessment indicates contamination is present above the regulatory standards, the site must be cleaned up.
- Options for cleanup include decontamination of the site or demolition.
Why Are Former Drug Houses Dangerous?
Drug residue remains on the surfaces of homes that have been used as synthetic drug labs. This drug residue has been shown to have unhealthy effects on occupants, especially young children. Additionally, drug houses typically have poor ventilation – mainly because windows are often sealed shut and black-out blinds cover most windows. Synthetic drug houses may also operate without running water or electricity. These are trademarks of drug houses that prevent odors from escaping the house. Such conditions increase the possibility of combustion and the danger of inhaling toxic fumes.
Can A Former Synthetic Drug House Be Occupied Safely?
Decontamination of the site by certified professionals must be performed before a former drug house is safe for occupants. Residual chemical contamination is unhealthy. People who have unknowingly moved into a former synthetic drug house have experienced adverse health effects.
Signs Of A Former Synthetic Drug-Affected House
If you own a property, or looking at a property, and notice some of the following signs, we strongly suggest that you have the property assessed for presence of synthetic drugs.
- Strange odors. These odors may point to a toxic environment.
- Waste around the property. You may see chemical containers and other waste in the area around the house.
- Blackout windows. These are an effort to keep anyone from knowing what is happening inside the house.
- Evidence of no electricity or running water. This is typical for synthetic drug houses.
- Unusual activity. If people are coming and going at all hours, this may be a sign of a former synthetic drug house.
For More Information. Please refer to our article on “What You Should Know About Synthetic Drug Contaminated Properties.” And please give us a call if you have any questions.
Trust Paragon Environmental. Even the smallest amount of drug residue is not considered safe. When exposed to surfaces with the drug, health related problems may result.
If you suspect your home is a synthetic drug-affected property, please give us a call. Prompt service is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Give us a call at 303-529-1257 for more information or to schedule an appointment.